Star Kids Program
PCS is a non-waiver Medicaid benefit which provides attendant care services to individuals under 21 years of age who require assistance with activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living because of a physical, cognitive, or behavioral limitation related to their disability or chronic health condition. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is responsible for the Medicaid PCS program. Department of State Health Services (DSHS) case managers conduct PCS intakes and assessments and make determinations about an individual’s need for attendant care services.
- Get Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Get SSI and Medicare.
- Get services through the Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) waiver.
- Get services through the Youth Empowerment Services (YES) waiver.
- Live in a community-based intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability or related condition (ICF/IID) or nursing facility.
- Get services through a Medicaid Buy-In program.
- Get services through any of the following Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) waiver programs.
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD)
- Home and Community-based Services (HCS)
- Texas Home Living (TxHmL)